Thursday, January 18, 2018

Beauty Story Aqua Rose Swatches and Review

Hey everyone!
First of all, to say that I was missing is the understatement of the year. Sorry for that, I somehow found that blogging doesn't bring me happiness as it used to, since none of my friends even read my blog (lol). After a newfound passion and also the realization that I have lots of materials for my blog but never even posted them made me write this, in the middle of the night, just wanting to show you some pretty nail polishes that I received last year (or maybe it was 2016... I seriously forgot).

Anyways, today's post is about an Indonesian local brand, one that is widely known for its cute and awesome beauty products. They sent me a few things so that I can post them on my instagram, but the pics never found its way to my blog since I abandoned it. This nail polish line is called Aqua Rose, which is a tribute to the formula and also the cute bottle it comes in. It's a water-based nail polish packaged in rose-shaped bottle and it's so gorgeous! 

Read more for my review and swatches of EVERY SINGLE COLOR in this line. 


First off, the bottles. These gorgeous nail polishes come in a rose-shaped bottle, with sturdy and hard glass, so it does weigh a little heavy than regular nail polish bottles. It makes these nail polishes a cute idea for a gift to your girlfriends or simply buy one for yourself!


Now onto the colors! There area  total of 10 colors in this line, with mostly nudes and pinkish tones, but also complimented with a blue and 2 greens. The names of the nail polishes are inspired by fairytales (at least, that's what I think) which is the norm with Beauty Story products.

**A little disclaimer: water-based nail polishes are known to dry a darker shade of color than the color shown in the bottle, these photos are all taken in indoor light with no retouch. 

Sugarplum Fairy
 The palest color in the whole collection is Sugarplum Fairy. It's a dusty pink that compliments my skintone very well, shown here in 2 coats with topcoat. 

At First Sight
At First Sight is a peach pastel color, shown here in 2 coats and topcoat, which is quite an amazing feat since pastel nail polishes tend to be uneven and patchy. But At First Sight is an exception to that rule.  

May I Have This Dance
May I Have This Dance is a very pretty cotton candy pink, opaque in 2 coats. It's one of those colors that you either love or hate, no in between, and I love this one so so so much! Since it's very opaque, I also use this for floral nail art, very fitting for roses. 

Fairy Godmother
In the whole collection, only this color let me down. Fairy Godmother looked like a shocking pink in the bottle but dried down to a Fanta-like color but not quite as red. With 2 coats, this color is a little patchy and I'm just not a big fan.


Black Swan
 Oh my my my. Making this blogpost made me remember how much I loved Black Swan, opaque in 1 swipe and a glossy topcoat makes it so pretty! No other words except a black polish perfection!
Royal Blue
Ah, Royal Blue. I remember getting crazy for China Glaze I Sea the Point and Revlon Royal, which is the same shade as this one, but Beauty Story's a tad bit muted so it's not as bright as CG or Revlon's. 2 coats and topcoat.
Into The Woods
Into the Woods is also quite disappointing, since the color is extremely different than the bottle, but still very wearable and perfect formula. 2 coats and topcoat.

Magical Carpet
 For the love of teal, this color seem to creep into every single nail polish collection I see. And who's to blame, it's super pretty! 2 coats and topcoat.
Enchanted Forest
I tried to find a similar color in my collection for Enchanted Forest, and came up empty handed. It's a pea colored polish that's very unique and I love the formula (how many times have I said that already? hahaha)

The polish cost IDR 50.000 a piece and you can purchase them at the website or find them in My Beauty Story's counters throughout Indonesia. 
http://mybeautystory.com/product/aqua-rose-nail-polish-13119

Bye for now, and let's hope we see again soon!

Love,
Sovi

1 comment:

  1. We take pride in providing reliable services and create a long lasting relationship with our loyal clients. beauty nail

    ReplyDelete