Sunday, September 08, 2013

The Face Shop Colored Paper Nails CMX321, CMX324, and CMX325 Swatch and Review

 Hi guys! Today from the vault I bring you my new favourite glitters from another Korean Brand, the Face Shop.
So, The Face Shop just recently came out with 6 new shades of glitter for a collection called Colored Paper Nails. Curious name, don't you think? I don't know whether they exactly are made from some sort of paper or any other ingredient, but I'm sure I love how flat they lay on my nails! ;)

 Out of the whole 6, I bought only 3, which are: CMX321, CMX324, and CMX325.

 *All swatches are with basecoat and topcoat*


 First up, CMX321.
 CMX321 is a mix of matte green, white, pink hex glitter with some small red and small square white glitters on a clear base.
Now, the glitters look a lot like Etude House's Pink Prism, just without the small or white glitters.

For these swatches, I used 2 coats of CMX321 over Nars x Pierre Hardy Ethno Run Left.

For application, I have no trouble at all, no fishing for the glitters at all but I need to place the glitters because it keeps huddling up at the end of my nails.
Didn't know what happened, but as you can see in the photo below, it kinda bubbles :( 
Drying time is okay, although it dries to a not-so-shiny surface (if you get what I mean)
so sad that it has bubbles :(




Next up is CMX324. Now, I'm a big fan of white and black glitters, and I knew I had to get these ones the moment I saw the official announcement on the website!

CMX324 is a mix of black and white glitter in various size and shapes, including black matte diamond glitters, that needs some fishing on application. The rest of the glitter floats smoothly on top of my nails.

For these photos I used 2 coats of CMX324 over Beauty Buffet B22.





And last but not least, CMX325. I didn't really like it on bottle, but after I put it on, I'm hooked! 

CMX325 is a mix of of red, fuchsia, orange, blue, and pale blue hex small glitters with some pale blue square and silver diamonds thrown in on a clear base.

For application, I have no trouble, but for the diamond glitters. Some fishings were needed.
For these swatches I used 2 coats of CMX325 over black because I don't know what else to layer it with.


Formula wise, they're pretty awesome, not as thick as Etude House's Dear My Party Nails, but still thicker than OPI or China Glaze's.

All in all, I really love this collection. If I have some spare money, maybe I'd complete the collection one day ;)

I bought these nail polishes from my favorite online shop, Warxisister OS. They cost 48.000 IDR per bottle, which is about 4.27 USD. Dollar rates are really high in Indonesia right now, every imported goods are getting pricey and more pricey :( Nail polishes got a raise from 3000 IDR to 15000 IDR :'(

SO, what do you think? Would you buy this nail polish collection?


2 comments:

  1. aaww.. i love these dik!! i bought myself the CMX321 after seeing it on your instagram post. i love it too. maybe i will try layer it again and again. tee hee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you kak maria! ;) does yours bubble too?:(

      Delete