Saturday, August 09, 2014

China Glaze I Sea the Point Swatch, Review, and Comparison

Hey guys, I'm back with a new swatch post for you today; China Glaze I Sea the Point, from their summer 2014 line, Off Shore. I am, have always been, and probably will always be, a sucker for blue/green shade. And this one is no exception. even though I already have a very similiar color (Essie Butler Please, which I will talk about more below), I still had to buy this one. 

I got this from GlamCollection8, for IDR 70.000, which is a steal, because they're having a huge sale on all brands for this month! yes, you're welcome :p

 Swatch and more info after the jump!


please excuse the nasty little cut on my pointer, I had a little battle with my kitchen knife a few days ago ;)

 For these I used 2 coats of I Sea the Point over OPI Nail Envy Original and topped with 1 coat of topcoat.

I Sea The Point is a bright cobalt blue, the formula is a little on the thick side, but nothing not managable. The color itself is MUCH MORE vibrant in real life, but my camera couldn't capture it somehow :(

 


Ever since Nails Inc came out with Baker Street and Sally Hansen with Pacific Blue, all the other brands have been trying to copy the vibrant blue, though it's really hard to find Nails Inc in Indonesia :'(

And here you can see the comparison between Essie Butler Please and CG I Sea The Point. I used both 2 coats and topcoat, but I prefer CG's formula better. As you can see, there are still a bald spot on my middle finger. The color however, I think Essie's is much more vibrant than CG; although you can't really see the difference unless you squint really hard!

And, I don't know if you notice it or not, but the Essie's pigment would sink and reddish fluid would float to the upper part of the bottle if you don't shake it.


So ladies, do you have Essie Butler Please? Would you consider replacing it with China Glaze I Sea the Point? Talk to you guys again soon ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment