Saturday, July 19, 2014

The New Sally Hansen Triple Shine Pixie Slicks, Oyster Bar, Twinkled Pink swatch and review

Heya!

I'm back with another blog post about an event (woah, so busy, Sov?)

So on June 26th, I was invited to Sally Hansen Indonesia's Triple Shine Launching event. At first I wasn't invited, but the lovely Ci Chell asked me to come :D

Anyhow, the event took place in Bistronomy Jakarta, a beautiful restaurant in South Jakarta. I was the second person to arrive there, so I sat down and chatted with Ms. Amy, and when she asked me what I blog about, of course I say nail polish, right? And she was shocked because she has never heard of or seen Indonesian nail blogger. Mostly beauty blogger who includes nail-related post but not really a nail blogger. It's okay though, this only means that Indonesian Nail-related communities and bloggers are blooming ;)

Back to the event, we were all seated in a 3-seat table, which has 4 nail colors on each table.
More pictures and swatches after the jump!



The Sally Hansen Triple Shine itself consists of 26 colors that's divided to 3 color groups, which are:

Iridescence; a range of seven pearlescent pastels and shimmering metallics.
Pop; a rainbow of ten vibrant, saturated polishes in bold brights.
Fanta-sea; a glittering selection of nine aquatic tones that evoke the sun-dappled sea.

When we were there, we were also told to create a simple manicure using these nail polishes. We were given 3 categories to choose from; romantic, beach, or world cup. I chose romantic and made a simple lace design using a toothpick; which you have probably already seen if you're following me on instagram ;)



anyway, I swatched these babies right after I came home from the event. The sad thing is, my laptop broke when I was going to write this blog post. My baby couldn't connect to any wi-fi, or use any modem. So here is the swatch, 3 weeks late :(



 First off, the packaging. Compared to Sally Hansen Xtreme Shine, these bottles are much taller, because they come with a cap (on the left). The bottle is square, which is easier to store in my nail polish rack, IMO.

The brush is called 'The Gloss-Tech Brush', which has been patented to Sally Hansen.
The brush is quite wide, with curved edges to help reach that curved cuticle line.



First off is Oyster Bar, a gorgeous chrome finish silver. I used 2 coats without topcoat for this one, so you can see my uneven nail bed :(
Because of the chrome finish, this one shows a lot of brush stroke on application, so be careful on that. Otherwise, I can safely say that this is my new favorite silver!



Next up is Pixie Slicks, a pretty barbie pink. I used 3 coats, but as you can see, it's kinda hard to level the surface. If you pay a close attention, you can spot the bumpy finish because I wasn't too patient before painting another layer :p

 Here's how it looks after I put a coat of Mega Shine Top Coat, better, right? :D


Third and last one is Twinkled Pink, a super pretty flake-glitter. I used 1 coat over black without topcoat, hence the uneven surface :(
I can see myself layering this polish over dark color for parties and events, because they look so gorgeous!

The Triple Shine Nail Polishes contain natural crushed pearl particle that make them shiny and long lasting. I tried their long lasting-ness (is that even a word? lol) when I went to Singapore with my friends.

I used Oyster Bar on both hands, and I applied the Mega-Shine topcoat on my pointer. Here's how my nails look like after a week. I see some chipping on my tips (I think it's inevitable though) and some 'somplak' parts on my nail bed, caused by bumping my nails to my bag, to the MRT handle, etc. I even played at Sentosa and swam a little bit. I think this polish lasts more than OPI, considering I didn't even put topcoat on them.


Triple Shine nail polishes will be released in August 2014, and retail for 80,000 IDR each! A steal, right?
You can find Sally Hansen at these stores:
  • WATSONS Pondok Indah 2 / Mall Kelapa Gading / Summarecon Mall Serpong / Summarecon Mall Bekasi / Pacific Place / Plaza Semanggi
  • GUARDIAN Grand Indonesia / Plaza Indonesia 
  • SOGO Plaza Senayan / Emporium Pluit / Alam Sutera
  • METRO Gandaria City / Surabaya
  • CENTRO Bali
  • GLOW Plaza Indonesia / Beachwalk Bali 
So what are you waiting for, ladies? Grab these long lasting, super shiny polishes when they're released!

Ciao,
Sovi *smooch*

No comments:

Post a Comment