Saturday, July 05, 2014

Jakarta Nail School 3D Professional Workshop





Hey girls!
Sorry for my absence the last 2 months, I was busy with my personal life so I had practically no time to blog :(

Anyway, on Saturday, June 21st 2014, me and a few other girls of Jakarta Kuteks Junkies were invited to the opening of Jakarta Nail School, which is owned by the same woman who owns Coco Nail House at MOI.
Without much else, let's see some of the pics I snapped during the 7 hour workshop :)



More after the jump!


 Upon entering the classroom, my eyes were drawn straight to this little corner. It's filled with soooooooooo many nail polish and nail art supplies o.O

See those pink bags stacked over the gel polish collection? each of us were given those, which was filled with a little CD, Jakarta Nail House's business card, a little tube of cuticle cream (which Ci Lina told us to keep in our bags, because cuticle cream is even more important than lipstick :p), and one bottle of Ruby Wing polish (!!!), which I will review and put to a good use ASAP!


 At first, the educators (Mas Asep and Mbak Okta) patiently taught us how to hold the brush properly, how to take the liquid and powder, and the perfect consistency of the acrylic bead that we made. 

For the first few hours I was so frustrated that I couldn't even make a simple 5-petal flower, but the educators kept encouraging me and my friends to try again and again :p

So in the end I didn't make a 5-petal flower but ended up making random shapes hahahahaha

The snack corner at yesterday's event. I didn't have the courage to try the chocolate cake, but I did try the grey macaron, which was soooooo delicious! and also resulted in me going another 15 minutes on the treadmill hahahha. 
We were also given lunch, which I forgot to take pictures of.


 Mas Asep in action! Kak Priska and Shinta was looking super serious as Mas Asep worked his magic hands.

After we can make 5-petal flower, we were taught how to make 2toned flowers, and how to make roses! At first I was so discouraged that I couldn't even make a simple 5 petal flowers, the how the heck can I make roses or stacked petals kind of flowers?

But, it turns out, it was simpler than the 5 petal flowers, because I don't have to worry about the consistency :p






 The kind and lovely Ci Lina as the owner and also educator at Jakarta Nail School also chimed in and taught us a little bit of everything.

The results of yesterday's participant's trial. Can you guess which one is mine? ;)

If you guessed the ones on the far right, you're correct! I tried to make roses but I used the wrong color combination so it looks more like cabbage than roses :(

Thanks to Karina's suggestion, I tried to make corn and carrots and I succeded! We had a good laugh over these ones :p

Overall, it was a well-spent 7 hours of my usually boring Saturday. I get to meet new people, share nail-related informations and gossip, and moreover, learn useful knowledge from Jakarta Nail School. Thank you so much Ci Lina and the rest of JNS crew for the opportunity, I look forward to more collaboration with you :)

Me, alongside with the other girls and also the educators from Jakarta Nail School :)

Jakarta Nail School
Kompleks Gading Bukit Indah Blok L-8 Jl. Bukit Gading Raya, Kelapa Gading Jakarta Utara 14240, Indonesia 021 4584 7890
Telp : 08998076938
Fax : 021 4514292

 


No comments:

Post a Comment