Friday, January 03, 2014

I got a Liebster Award!

Hey everyone!
Happy new year to you!

Yesterday, I was notified by the ever so lovely Yessy Muliawan that I was nominated in the Liebster Award. Thank you, Yessy! :D 



Okay, I have to admit I'm still fairly new to the blogging world, so I didn't know what Liebster Award is (go ahead, throw stones at me! Lol, jk.)



I googled what Liebster Award is and found this guidelines from here:

The Official Rules Of The Liebster Award 

If you have been nominated for The Liebster Award AND YOU CHOOSE TO ACCEPT IT, write a blog post about the Liebster award in which you:
1. thank the person who nominated you, and post a link to their blog on your blog.
2. display the award on your blog — by including it in your post and/or displaying it using a “widget” or a “gadget”. (Note that the best way to do this is to save the image to your own computer and then upload it to your blog post.)
3. answer 11 questions about yourself, which will be provided to you by the person who nominated you.
4. provide 11 random facts about yourself.
5. nominate 5 – 11 blogs that you feel deserve the award, who have a less than 1000 followers. (Note that you can always ask the blog owner this since not all blogs display a widget that lets the readers know this information!)
6. create a new list of questions for the blogger to answer.
7. list these rules in your post (You can copy and paste from here.) Once you have written and published it, you then have to:
8. Inform the people/blogs that you nominated that they have been nominated for the Liebster award and provide a link for them to your post so that they can learn about it (they might not have ever heard of it!)

And now with the knowledge of what a Liebster Award is, let's see my answers :p

First up, 11 things about myself.
1. I'm 17 (which is the legal age in my country) and will be 18 this April.
2. I'm Indonesian, and of Chinese descent (there are different descents in Indonesia, there are the Chinese, the Caucasian descent, Arabian, Indian, and so many more!)
3. I started doing my nails 2 years ago but only got addicted to it December 2012. I created 19 nail art that month!
4. I can only do my nails on the weekend since my school has a pretty strict rules against having long nails and polished nails. I sometimes get away from punishment of having long nails because I entered my school through the back door, not the front door where there are nail inspectors (yes, they, a.k.a the teacher, even provides you with a nail clipper)
5. I have a dog named Rachel and she's a mix breed and I love her so much!
6. I like to post food photos to my personal instagram (don't shoot me!)
7. I have 3 instagram accounts, @sovisnailjournal@svsnailshop, and @sovianaty.
8. I absolutely love to read novels. They accompany me through sleepless nights.
9. I watch lots of American, British, and Canadian movies and TV series (sorry Indonesian sinetron, you're too much for me :p)
10. I care too much about my nails and not enough about my skincare. My face is the common oily Asian with sensitive skin and lots of pimple.
11. I am currently overweight and I'm planning to change that! 2014 is going to be my year, I promise you.


Phew, now that that's done, I'm gonna answer 11 questions from Yessy.

1. How would you define beauty?
Beauty to me is the level of how comfortable you are in your own skin.

2. What is your must have makeup item? The one you can't live without.
LIP BALM! I have thick lips and it's hell when I lost or forget one!

3. Which part of you, you love the most?
My lips!
Although they curve downwards and I look like I frown all the time :(

4. Natural or Bold lipstick?
Natural. I don't know why but I find attracting strangers because of your lip color is a little disturbing.

5. What is your holy grail foundation?
On days when I hazve to put on a makeup in a hurry, I'd always go to MaxFactor FaceFinity.

6. Sunny day or rainy one?
Sunny. I grew up ina tropical country so I hate it when it rains because it usually ruins my plan although sleeping on a rainy day is soooooo good!

7. Coffe or tea? Why?
I dont't like black coffee, but I'm definitely a Caramel Macchiato kind of girl. Tea tastes like drinking water, but with fragrances.

8. Korean cosmetic or Japanese cosmetic?
Korean, mostly because Korean cosmetic has more nail polish.

9. Pink hair. Yay or Nay?
Depends. if it's a whole head, then Nay. But highlights? Absolutely YAY!

10. High-end cosmetic or drugstore? Why?
Drugstore, because they're cheap (lol) and despite what everyone thinks, there are a few jewels in drugstore make-up that even the high-end can't produce.

11. O.P.I or Sally Hansen? Why?
O.P.I, because they have more color selection and they sell for a lower price than Sally Hansen in my country. I know, shocking!



And with that, here is my pick of 5-11 blogger with less than 200 followers:
 4. Ellen Tan
6. Winda




You have to answer 11 questions:
1. What was the product that got you hooked on nails?
2. What's your holy grail base & top coat?
3. How often do you do your nails?
4. Nail art related goal in 2014?
5.  A go-to color if you ever run out ot ideas for your nails?
6. If you can pick a nail polish brand (high-end, drugstore, or indie) to endorse you, what brand would it be?
7. Who's your favorite blogger?
8. US brand nail polish or Asian brand? Why?
9. Indie polish or high-end brand? Why?
10. Favorite color for a nail polish?
11. How many nail polishes do you have? 


Let's have fun, and spread the awards!

XOXO,
Sovianaty :)

No comments:

Post a Comment