Monday, January 12, 2015

Etude Play Nail Zoom In The Zoo 280, 297, 279 Swatch and Review


 Hello everyone! Today I'm bringing you a swatch of Etude House's Fall Edition, which is called Zoom In The Zoo. I only bought 3 out of the whole collection, which are 280, 297, 279.
 

 Look at the cute packaging!
First up is 279, a dark grey base with green-ish shimmer throughout.
Shown here is 3 coats with topcoat. It's a little sheer so you would want to layer it over a dark color or apply more coats,

At first I thought the color would be similiar to China Glaze's Choo Choo Choo-se You, but CCCY is more of a duochrome, where 279 is a shimmer polish. Still super pretty and unique, right?


The second is 280, a blue based wine color. I used 2 coats with topcoat, not that I need any, because the finish is very glossy. Formula is a little thick but still quite easy to apply. When I removed the polish, it stains around my cuticle a little bit, but nothing acetone can't remove. So I suggest if you want to use this polish, always protect your natural nails using base coat to prevent staining.



Last but not least, is 297, which I thought was another creme polish. The real life color is a whole lot lighter than the promotional picture, where it seems like a navy. See this picture below, it's the bottom row, second from the right. Very different, right?
This looks more like cobalt-ish eggplant-ish color (?) hahahaha I can't really describe the color, sorry :p
I was excited to have such a unique color, but when I applied it, I was disappointed because it's a texture polish, but when I wanted to remove it, something happened and I suddenly love it!
This is 2 coats without topcoat. Formula is a little thick and gloppy so it's hard to maneuver the brush across my nails.

Phew, that's a long post! Tell me, do you want to buy this collection? Are you as disappointed as I am about the texture in 297? Comment below! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment