Thursday, April 04, 2013

#NailArtApr Challenge Day 1 : Flowers NOTD + Tutorial

Hey everyone!
I've seen lots of nail bloggers and artists do nail art challenges. And the one that caught my eye is the one made by Californails. Here's my Day 1 to Nail Art April Challenge (I'm a few days late, sorry!) which is Flowers!


 I've put together a little tutorial for you guys, and here's what you need:

  
From Right to Left:
  • Etude House Help My Finger Sunshine Whitener as basecoat;
  • Etude House Jewelade RD201;
  • Etude House Look at My Cotton Candy Nails COR202;
  • The Face Shop Lovely Me: EX Nails YL702;
  •  Etude House Look at My Cotton Candy Nails CWH901;
  • Skin Food Nail Vita BL512;
  • Pokari for Stroberi 6190 Metallic Green;
  • and Revlon Super Top Speed Top Coat as top coat.
The steps:
  1. Paint your nails the base color you wanted.
  2. Using a darker color of what you wanted for your roses, draw a not perfect circle. Fill it in.
  3. Draw another circle with the lighter color.
  4. Start making a dot in the middle of your circle and create the 'petals' by making a half-moon shape using the lighter color. Let it dry.
  5. Do the 4th step with darker color on the other circle.
  6. Using white, draw half-moon shape on both circles, not overlapping the colors you've created.
  7. Draw little triangles coming out of the flower using a green polish or acrylic paint.
  8. Highlight the leaves with a lighter shade of green in the middle of the triangle.
  9. Top coat to seal it off and you're done!

The tools I used in this mani is my trusty old Cotman 0000 brush.


It's a little crooked on the edges because I don't rotate it often enough! :p
If you have any questions, comment below or mention me on twitter or Instagram.

Hope you guys enjoy my post, and see you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment